News & Announcements
March 8, 2022
March 8, 2022
Updated May 3, 2022
After more than 50 years of service to the School of Health Professions’ radiography program, Mary Sebacher is fully retiring.
Sebacher served as the director of the MU Radiography program from 1972–2003. In 2003, she stepped down as director and retired from the university, but continued to serve as an adjunct instructor.
During her time at Mizzou, she served in various leadership roles within the radiography program. These roles include: coordinator, technical director-instructor, technical director-assistant professor, director-assistant professor and assistant clinical professor.
Sebacher is a strong proponent of the campus writing program and taught many writing-intensive courses that encourage students to be informed, independent thinkers.
“In her interactions with students, she continually conveys that they are respected, their input is valued, and their dreams are attainable with hard work,” said Carla Allen, radiography program director.
As a professor emerita, Sebacher oversaw the online radiography baccalaureate degree advancement program and taught undergraduate classes. Each semester she directed sections of Medical Terminology, a foundational course for students both within and outside of the School of Health Professions.
Additional significant contributions to the department and the university include:
- Outstanding Faculty Award, MU Radiography Program
- 20/20 Award recipient, MU Campus Writing Intensive Program
- Charter member, Alpha Eta Society, University of Missouri–Columbia Chapter
- Founding director, MU Online Radiography Baccalaureate Degree Advancement Program
- Service on countless committees, subcommittees and councils within the MU School of Health Professions and the MU campus.
Help us honor Mary Sebacher by making a gift to the Sebacher Scholarship Fund.