The Sectional Anatomy Study Tool is a web-based program to help the user learn human anatomy through images produced by CT-scan (computed tomography) and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). The user can easily navigate through the stacks of image “slices” of each body section. The label “on” / “off” feature provides users an opportunity for self-assessment.
This tool contains a comprehensive set of both CT and MRI images of the human body in all three planes (i.e., the axial, coronal and sagittal planes).
Areas of application
Potential users would be individuals who desire to have a thorough knowledge of human anatomy or who need to interpret diagnostic images of the human body typically found in the healthcare setting.
This can include
- Imaging professionals
- Radiologic technologists with specialties in CT (CAT-scan) and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Students / technologists seeking credentialing in the specialty areas of CT, MRI, PET/CT (positron emission technology / CAT-scan)
- Radiation therapy technologists / students
- Pre-medical and medical students
- Anatomy Students
- Easy to use, intuitive
- Compatible with PCs or Macs
- View using the computer browser
- Images are available in the 3 major body planes
- Image stacks allow students to move forward or backward within the image set, permitting students to develop a 3-dimensional model of the body within their mind
- Labels may be turned on or off for study purposes or self-testing
- Choice of program navigation: mouse, keyboard or both
- Icons demonstrate the level of the image being viewed within the body
- One can quickly and easily jump to another image within the stack of images being viewed
How to order
Title: Sectional Anatomy Study Tool
Author: Patricia Tew, MS, RT(R)(CT)
Format: CD or Download
Price: $49.95 each
- Credit/Debit card payments will be taken via telephone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Check/Money Orders may be mailed or hand delivered to:
Sectional Anatomy Study Tool
University of Missouri
605 Lewis Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
- Cash must be hand delivered and exact change. Email email@example.com for an appointment
NOTE: We are not currently able to process Purchase Orders
Tax exempt orders: If your organization is located in Missouri and exempt from Missouri Sales tax, please send your State Tax Exempt letter along with check or money order made payable to the University of Missouri for the amount of your order.
Questions? For any questions, please contact the Mizzou Radiography via email with your name, email address, company name, address, and phone number at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-884-9680.
All sales are final
What to expect
The Main Menu page asks you to “Pick A Region” (head, neck, abdomen, etc.) which immediately prompts the user to “Pick A View” (CT and/or MRI image sets) from a drop down menu. The selected image sets demonstrate sequential “slices” through the selected body portion. Navigation tools at the top of the page include: Main Menu button, Label Control (on/off), Image Count, Image Navigation, and an interactive icon that clearly shows the level of the image being viewed within the body region.