PhD, MPH, CHES
Assistant Teaching Professor
- Ph.D. – University of Missouri, Health Education & Promotion
- Certified Health Education Specialist
- M.P.H. – University of Missouri
- B.A. – University of Missouri, Psychology
- Public Health Principles, Practice, and Education
- Introduction to the Research Process and Evidence Base
- Seminar in Health Education
- Health Care Organization and Leadership
- Contemporary Health Issues
- Introduction to Public Health Careers
- Principles of Public Health
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Winner of the School of Health Professions Excellence in Education Early Career Award, 2020
- Winner of the MU Provost Outstanding Junior Faculty Teaching Award, 2020
- Yu, M., Sacco, P., Choi, H. J., & Wintemberg, J. (2018). Identifying patterns of tobacco use among US middle and high school students: A latent class analysis. Addictive Behaviors, 79, 1-7.
- Wintemberg, J., Yu, M., & Caman, O. K. (2017). Health warnings, smoking rules, and smoking status: A cross-national comparison of Turkey and the United States. Substance Use & Misuse, 53(6), 1-9.
- Wintemberg, J. J., McElroy, J. A., Ge, B., & Everett, K. D. (2017). Can Smokefree Policies Reduce Tobacco Use Disparities of Sexual and Gender Minorities in Missouri? Nicotine and Tobacco Research, ntx078. doi: 10.1093/ntr/ntx078
- McElroy, J. A., Washington, K., Wintemberg, J. J., Williams, A., & Redman, S. (2016). “I have to age in this body”: Lesbian and bisexual older women’s perspectives on a health behavior intervention. Women’s Health Issues, 26, S63-S70.
- McElroy, J. A., Wintemberg, J. J., & Haller, K. (2015). Advancing health care for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender patients in Missouri. Missouri Medicine, 112(4): 262-265.